Charge: Retail Theft of liquor
Days in Jail: 309 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,187
- 48 arrests - 19 bookings into CCDOC – 9 admissions to IDOC
- 49-year-old W.B.’s most recent arrest occurred on October 2, 2014. He was identified by staff at a local grocery store as the offender who had taken several bottles of alcohol and left the store on a bicycle on a few different occasions.
- He was released onto Electronic Monitoring the next day but was subsequently booked back into Cook County Jail for another, almost identical retail arrest with circumstances almost identical to the original arrest.
- Between time on Electronic Monitoring and time in jail, W.B. has been in custody for 186 days on these retail theft charges. The estimated cost to house for this booking is $26,598.
- His lawyers have been attempting to get him placed into specialty courts but have not yet had any success