COLLABORATIVE OPERATION NABS CRIMINALS
Monday, September 17, 2012
—The Cook County Sheriff's Office launched its fourth coordinated response initiative with local law enforcement agencies to track down and apprehend criminals. These operations include locating fugitives with outstanding criminal warrants, serving court-ordered evictions and levies, processing civil orders of protection, eradicating graffiti, assisting in bringing closure to unsolved crimes and providing assistance with gang crimes, traffic enforcement and vice-related activities. The operation took place on Sept. 12 in Maywood, Bellwood, Berkeley and Broadview.
The results of Operation Plan include the following:
- Fugitive Warrants Unit: 31 arrests were made of which six were felonies:
1. Calvin Howled, of Maywood, for burglary
2. Christopher Flagg, of Melrose Park, for burglary
3. James Isaac, of Park Ridge, for larceny (out of state)
4. Lottie Harris, of Chicago, for forgery
5. Javon Stokes, of Chicago, for possession of a controlled substance
6. Shannon Burns, of Sheybogan, WI, for possession of a controlled substance
- Electronic Monitoring Unit: 11 individuals were verified.
- Evictions Unit: 12 evictions were completed.
- Graffiti Unit: 50 locations were completed with 32 in Maywood, 12 in Broadview and six in Bellwood.
- Civil Process/Orders of Protection: 34 were served.
- Tobacco Enforcement: Three stores fined and $33,000 reported in fines
1. 1000 block of S. 9th Avenue in Maywood - $12,000 in fines
2. 500 block of S. 25th Avenue in Bellwood - $6,000 in fines
3. 400 block of 25th Avenue in Bellwood – $9,000 in fines
- Truck Traffic Unit: Three traffic citations and two overweight citations ($2,688 in fines).
- Illinois Department of Corrections: Five individuals were arrested who were on parole for different offenses and two weapons were recovered.